ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Site ContainS Music Around The World NEWS>INFO>SOFTWARE>AUDIO>VIDEO>TUTORIAL>PC AND MOBILE RELATED SOFTWARE>WALLPAPER>SCREENSAVER>MUSIC TAB>TIPS N TRICKS>VOCALS>BANDS AND MUCH_MUCH MORE..COME AND JOIN US ..AND BE PART OF OUR COMMUNITY..

Featured Album this Week (3/14/11): “Daytrotter Session” by Iron & Wine

zeeleey
    zeeleey

Featured Album this Week (3/14/11): “Daytrotter Session” by Iron & Wine Empty Featured Album this Week (3/14/11): “Daytrotter Session” by Iron & Wine

Post by zeeleey Wed 6 Apr 2011 - 15:05

Featured Album this Week (3/14/11): “Daytrotter Session” by Iron & Wine Albumart-ironandwine
    I have been diving into folky stuff lately, and simultaneously trolling the website Daytrotter for some lesser known greatness. Low and behold, I came across Iron & Wine and was surprised at how many of my friends had already been aware of the band. Seems that they’re pretty well known actually, I’m late to the game!

I found this four-song Daytrotter set yesterday evening, and I was enamored to say the least.

Iron & Wine (Samuel Beam) has released four full-length albums, multiple EP’s, and several download-only releases. I guess you could count this one as one of their download-only “releases,” since it’s only available for free download through Daytrotter’s website.

I took a particular liking to “Naked as We Came,” and I dig the stripped-down feel of this acoustic set. Devoid of reverb and heavy production, it takes on a young, even innocent sound to me. It’s like I shouldn’t be allowed to listen to it or something, but I am and I’m savoring each second.

These are four of Iron & Wine’s best songs (easily). I really wish they played Jezebel, but hey, the songs are free so I’m definitely not complaining.

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 10:26