ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Site ContainS Music Around The World NEWS>INFO>SOFTWARE>AUDIO>VIDEO>TUTORIAL>PC AND MOBILE RELATED SOFTWARE>WALLPAPER>SCREENSAVER>MUSIC TAB>TIPS N TRICKS>VOCALS>BANDS AND MUCH_MUCH MORE..COME AND JOIN US ..AND BE PART OF OUR COMMUNITY..

Featured Album this Week (3/28/11): “Playtime” by Sparrow

zeeleey
    zeeleey

Featured Album this Week (3/28/11): “Playtime” by Sparrow Empty Featured Album this Week (3/28/11): “Playtime” by Sparrow

Post by zeeleey Wed 6 Apr 2011 - 14:50

Featured Album this Week (3/28/11): “Playtime” by Sparrow Albumart-sparrow-460x459
    I’ve become a pretty a heavy user of Rdio, and man, I really wish my friends would believe me when I tell them how awesome it is. It’s totally worth the $9.99 monthly subscription. I found out about this week’s album from my activity feed on Rdio (props to @behoff), the album art being the first thing that peaked my interest.

Sparrow is four friends from Brighton and Cambridge (United Kingdom), and they are pretty spot on when they say that they write “sad, but thoughful pop music. They use completely unprocessed sounds in all of their recordings, which provides for a very “down to earth” vibe that is surely rare these days.

The bass sound this band achieves is nothing short of remarkable, and the guitar melodies sound hauntingly similar to melodies I come up with while riffing on my telecaster. Also, the fact that they cover “Pure Imagination“, the classic ballad from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, is just awesome and put an instant grin on my face once I realized what song it was.

Had I discovered them sooner, I would have snatched a copy of their limited edition run which included an extra bonus track .. but I was too late. Oh wells.

Regardless, I fell in love with this album, and can’t wait to hear what Sparrow comes up with next. Unfortunately, the only way you can download the album is via iTunes. I wish I could buy direct! If you wanna catch a better glimpse, check out Sparrow on Facebook and YouTube

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 13:28