ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Site ContainS Music Around The World NEWS>INFO>SOFTWARE>AUDIO>VIDEO>TUTORIAL>PC AND MOBILE RELATED SOFTWARE>WALLPAPER>SCREENSAVER>MUSIC TAB>TIPS N TRICKS>VOCALS>BANDS AND MUCH_MUCH MORE..COME AND JOIN US ..AND BE PART OF OUR COMMUNITY..

The Strokes Name New Album And Single

MiSfit
    MiSfit

Moderator Of The MonthMod Of The Month

The Strokes Name New Album And Single Empty The Strokes Name New Album And Single

Post by MiSfit Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 18:21

The Strokes Name New Album And Single

The Strokes have tentatively named their forthcoming fourth album "Angles" and set a UK release date of March 21.

The record's lead single is likely to be named "Undercover Of Darkness".

The band gave the album information to Rolling Stone magazine, also revealing further song titles "Taken For A Fool", "Life Is Simple", "Machu Picchu", "Radio Minor Madness" and "Call Me Back".

Guitarist Albert Hammond, Jr. explained the album title by saying: "It's what the record sounds like. It comes from five different people."

"Life Is Simple" is the only song that survived from sessions the band recorded with producer Joe Chiccarelli before deciding to record in Hammond Jr's own studio, taking on production duties themselves.

Hammond Jr said that, after the album was out, he was hoping the band wouldn't wait another five years before releasing their next effort. "We want to release albums quicker," he explained.

The new record will be their first since 2006's "First Impressions Of Earth".

Guitarist Nick Valensi added: "I don't want to make an album every five years. I love being in this band and I want it to be a career thing."

Thanks for the report to Nme.com.

The Strokes Name New Album And Single StrokesPA191110

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 10:26