ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Site ContainS Music Around The World NEWS>INFO>SOFTWARE>AUDIO>VIDEO>TUTORIAL>PC AND MOBILE RELATED SOFTWARE>WALLPAPER>SCREENSAVER>MUSIC TAB>TIPS N TRICKS>VOCALS>BANDS AND MUCH_MUCH MORE..COME AND JOIN US ..AND BE PART OF OUR COMMUNITY..

Online Bass Lessons

zeeleey
    zeeleey

Online Bass Lessons Empty Online Bass Lessons

Post by zeeleey Fri 25 Mar 2011 - 10:29

Online Bass Lessons Studybass
    Online Bass Lessons
    Welcome to Online Bass Lessons at Studybass.com!

Welcome to StudyBass.com! My name is Andrew Pouska and I'm the creator of this interactive, online bass lesson site. Over the past 15 years I've taught hundreds of students, face-to-face, how to play the bass guitar and about music. I hope you enjoy the site and put it to use. There's a lot to learn here and it's only going to grow and grow.
    What is StudyBass.com?

StudyBass.com is an interactive, online resource for learning how to play the bass. This site is intended for bassists who want to use the bass in a creative, original way. Anyone can learn to play other peoples' basslines and bass solos. The goal of my bass lessons is to educate you on how to create your own basslines and solos, not just to parrot those of others.

In the lessons, there is a strong focus on basics. That's the way it should be. You will always struggle without a strong foundation. You will notice my lessons don't distract you with things you'll rarely use, don't need to know or that will delay your progress. There's a lot to study and the worst thing you can do is spend years learning the wrong things. Unfortunately, that happens to a lot of people.

Throughout the bass lessons you will see I combine instruction with interactive bass exercises for practice, music quizzes to test your knowledge and example songs and basslines for practice and analysis. In my private lessons I've found this to be the most effective approach to learning. You'll learn a lot and, hopefully, have fun doing it!

Beyond the bass lessons, you will find a number of tools for reference and study. There is an online fretboard diagramming application for mapping out common scales and chord patterns. There is a quiz for learning the notes of the bass clef. There is printable music paper. And, there is an online metronome.
    Why Are You Creating StudyBass.com?

A few years ago I found myself frustrated at much of the bass instruction found on the internet. I saw many students learning the wrong things in the wrong order, getting confused and needlessly slowing their progress. After teaching around 2000 students, you get to know what helps students and what doesn't. So, I tried to imagine the ultimate website for learning how to play the bass and sought out to create it. So far it's not the ultimate site I have in mind, but I'm working towards it. The whole project is far more work than I ever imagined. I hope you'll use it and progress by leaps and bounds.
    Where Do I Start?

First, read over the using the site page. That will help you understand how the site's features work and how I expect you to use it. Next, go to the bass lesson study guide and get started with the lessons. Even if you feel like you know the contents of a lesson already, go through it anyway. Most of the lessons build on prior lessons. If you skip ahead, you may end up lost.
    What is Coming Up Next?

I'm always working on something for the site. Some times it is noticeable like new lessons or tools; other times it is behind-the-scenes technical stuff which helps the site run better.

Next, I plan to add to and redesign the technique lessons. I will be updating the exercise pages so that they work with the new fretboard diagrams found in the lesson pages. Then, I plan to continue adding more lessons on harmony. Then, a million things after that. So far I've knocked out a small fraction of what I teach students privately. There's lots more to come.

Good luck with your musical pursuits!

Andrew Pouska
    Bassist and Bass Teacher
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 11:56